We just launched a new solution set designed to address the anticipation of the connected world to be provided in Smart Cities by the adoption of the Internet of Things (IoT). In discussions with leading thought leaders in a connected city, GARDANT is concerned about the following elements specific to this environment:
- Security of Device, Data and Distribution
- Power of Device and Collection elements and
- Systematic updating when needed
As a Leading Strategic Management Consulting firm GARDANT recognizes the overall power of this connected space but also has developed analysis and a base scorecard designed to provide direction across the 3 items above.
- Cyber is a central concern that must be addressed proactively rather than reactively. Securing devices prior to a breach, securing the data prior to transmission and securing the distribution of that data after transmission is paramount to success across the enterprise.
- Power sourcing, batteries, solar…wow, do we charge everything, do we store power like water or do we determine a natural way to power device whether large or small naturally.
- How do you upgrade as needed? Obviously at connection time… How long to update before the device is required? Have you ever had your Android device update when you need to make a call and wait 5 minutes for all to happen… Would this work in a traffic scenario, in a toll scenario or with a medical device connected to the patient?
Strategies are a must for these elements and you must have a path to Connected Readiness!